- As a “integrated engineering firm for urban creation”, we are making groupwide efforts in the field of urban creation to build a sustainable society.
1. Planning, design, and construction of architectural works.
2. Engineering and management services for construction, regional and urban development.
- We have participated in planning, design and construction of numerous urban redevelopment projects, including projects in metropolitan district in Tokyo, the Nagoya station area, and Umeda, Nakanoshima and Abeno in Osaka. Contributions made through our various urban creation activities also include enhancement of competitive capabilities in international arenas, improvement of safety and security, symbiosis with the environment, and solutions for a variety of other problems and needs facing cities today.
Major construction works; Tokyo Midtown, Tokyo Dome City, Nagoya Global Gate, Abeno Harukas, Yokohama Arena, Park Hyatt Kyoto, City of Yokohama New Government Building, Pacifico Yokohama North, etc.
- Our international operations began in 1960, and our network now spreads around the world. We have participated in a diverse range of projects in support of our customers, which include Japanese business launching overseas operations and public institutions in various countries as well as local business enterprises developing projects across a wide spectrum from airports to high rise-office buildings, hotels, manufacturing plants and museums.
This year marks the 47th year since Takenaka opened the offices in Thailand, Singapore and Indonesia. In Malaysia, we will celebrate the 30th anniversary of our office opening in 2020. Some 130 expat employees have been assigned to China and other Asian countries along with the support of roughly 1,700 local employees.
Major construction works; Changi Airport Terminal 4 (Singapore, 2017), AEON MALL Jakarta Garden City (Indonesia 2017),
National Gallery Singapore (Singapore 2015) etc.
- 【Building Communication System (builcomi)】
- Data surrounding the building can be aggregated and remotely controlled via a generic web API. By introducing advanced technology into buildings, we will realize ever-evolving smart buildings.
＜Technology Features / advantages＞
・Achieving comfort and energy savings thorough IoT and energy management.
・We installed a high-performance Building Energy Management System (BEMS) on a cloud platform to offer energy usage visualization, consumption predictions, and facility operation optimization.
・Providing personal level energy control functions to improve office comfort and encourage energy-saving activities by all office personnel.
- NEC contributes to realize a safe, secured, efficient, and fair society and solve social issues utilizing new technologies such as AI, IoT, 5G.
* Biometric authentication solutions, public transportation solutions, network solutions for service providers and many other ICT solutions for global markets.
* Public Infrastructure solutions, including mission critical systems for government, public organizations and critical services providers.
* Enterprise business to create value for customers through value chain Innovation. IT solution in manufacturing, transportation and logistics, retail and services, and finance in the private sector.
* Network service business for telecom operators including network control platform systems and operating services for operations management, along with equipment for network implementation.
- 【Biometric authentication solutions】
- ・NEC is the global leader in the field of biometric authentication. Since the 1970s, we have been researching and perfecting biometrics authentication technologies such as fingerprint recognition, palmprint recognition, and face recognition. These technologies have been utilized in various fields, such as cashless payment, public transportation and Digital ID.
＊Since 2009, NEC’s face recognition technology ranked first in the most recent face recognition technology benchmarking test conducted by the globally authoritative U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- 【ICT solution for public transport】
- ・AVL(Automated Vehicle Location): contributes to Bus/ BRT operation optimization.
・AFC(Automatic Fare Collection): promotes cashless fare payment so that public transport operators increase convenience of their users.
・We have many other solutions for public transport operators.
Kindly contact us if you are interested in the information above.